DID YOU KNOW…
There are so many amazing programs offered in all of our schools here in High Point! When you are looking for a fit for your family – don’t miss out on all of these opportunities that will enhance your child’s life.
T. Wingate Andrews High School offers Early College options for any student who is interested. One of their amazing offerings is the Aviation Academy. This program provides a solid foundation for the ever-growing aviation workforce by offering internships, job shadowing, college credit, hands-on real-world learning experiences, and knowledge to students who wish to enter the aeronautical field. This amazing opportunity allows students to earn an associate’s degree from GTCC while still in high school!
SPANISH IMMERSION PROGRAM
Kirkman Park Elementary offers families the option to participate in an engaging curriculum through their Spanish Immersion Magnet Program. In the immersion program, students are given instruction 100% of the time in Spanish by native Spanish speaking teachers. This is such a unique opportunity offered right here in one of our local High Point schools!
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) PROGRAM
Northwood Elementary, Ferndale Middle School, and High Point Central High School are authorized IB World Schools offering the International Baccalaureate Program! The IB program’s philosophy is infused throughout all subject areas using the magnet school’s objectives:
- Teachers will present curriculum to students through experimental, inquiry-based, interdisciplinary lessons.
- Students will be required to think and reason at high levels and to ask and answer analytical questions.
- Students will develop advanced research skills.
- Students will master written and verbal communication of ideas.
- Faculty and staff will stress the social, physical and cognitive well-being of each student to prepare them for involvement in community and extra-curricular activities.
- Students will recognize the roles and responsibilities of being members of the international community.
- Students and teachers will integrate cutting-edge technology into their work products.