- Listing preview
High Point Central
www.gcsnc.com/High_Point_Central_High | 336-819-2825
About The School
Special Academic Programs
International Baccalaureate (IB) Program - High Point Central is an authorized IB World School offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
The IB program’s philosophy is infused throughout all subject areas using the magnet school’s objectives:
- Teachers will present curriculum to students through experimental, inquiry-based, interdisciplinary lessons.
- Students will be required to think and reason at high levels and to ask and answer analytical questions.
- Students will develop advanced research skills.
- Students will master written and verbal communication of ideas.
- Faculty and staff will stress the social, physical and cognitive well-being of each student to prepare them for involvement in community and extra-curricular activities.
- Students will recognize the roles and responsibilities of being members of the international community.
- Students and teachers will integrate cutting-edge technology into their work products.
Career & Technical Education (CTE) Opportunities
High Point Central High School provides students with the academic & technical skills, knowledge, and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners. High Point Central offers the following options:
Game Art Design
Multimedia & Webpage Design
Microsoft Word & PowerPoint
Principles of Business & Finance
Sports and Entertainment Marketing
Early Childhood Education
Parenting & Child Development
Computer Engineering Technology
Foundations of Information Technology
Networking Engineering Technology
CompTIA Fundamentals of IT
Metals Manufacturing Technology
Scientific & Technical Visualization
Modeling & Animation
Cross Country (Girl’s & Boy’s)
Basketball (Girl’s & Boy’s)
Indoor Track and Field (Girl’s & Boy’s)
Swimming (Girl’s & Boy’s)
Lacrosse (Girl’s & Boy’s)
Track and Field (Girl’s & Boy’s)
Honors & Recognitions
Exceeded Expected Growth - Highest growth in all GCS; 9th highest growth in North Carolina.
Received a $10,000 grant from CompTIA Creating IT Future awarded to our Technology Student Association
2019 Extraordinary Educator - Michael Holden
Michael's Amazon Wishlist
2018 GCS Teacher of the Year Brooke Sumner
High Point Central students were awarded over $9 million in scholarships including the following fully funded scholarships: Morehead Cain Scholar $97,064; Trinity Scholarship $350,000; National Merit $10,000; NC State University Goodnight Scholar $80,000; 3 High Point University First Generation Scholarships $150,000; 2 Navy ROTC Scholarships 180,000.
Eleven High Point Central alumni were inducted into the athletic hall of fame
Guilford County Schools encourages every student to become involved in Service-Learning. Our easy-to-use Service-Learning Handbook outlines all of the requirements and forms necessary to get started. Contact school for specific details.
After School Care
High Point School News
- Education takes center stage at Manufacturing Summit
- Allen Jay hit with ‘alien invasion’ Students enjoy educational event with UFO theme
- High Point Community Foundation grant provides instruments for middle school students
- Allen Jay Elementary to Host Community Reader Day
- GCS Kicks Off Attendance Campaign