- Listing preview
About The School
Special Academic Programs
STEM Instructional Program - Southwest Elementary provides students with increased exposure to STEM leaning experiences and resources. The STEM instructional program further blends the focus on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics into the teaching and learning process for all students. Other extended learning activities infused across grade levels and academic disciplines include field trips, after-school programs, and community partnerships.
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
The broad purpose of PBIS is to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and equity of schools and other agencies. PBIS improves social, emotional and academic outcomes for all students, including students with disabilities and students from underrepresented groups.
Career & Technical Education (CTE) Opportunities
Honors & Recognition
2017 State School of Character.
Clubs & Sponsored Teams
Contact the school directly for more information and list of clubs and sponsored teams.
Contact the school directly for more information regarding specific community service projects.
High Point School News
- Proposed Pilot Program Could Be Game Changer For The County
- Guilford County Schools focuses on improving career tech options
- For the Manufacturing Industry, School Is in Session
- HIGH SCHOOL AND HPU STUDENTS COLLABORATE ON SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS AND ART
- In Search for New Workers, Manufacturers Turn to Apprentices