High Point Central High
801 Ferndale Blvd. | High Point, NC 27262 | Phone: 336-819-2825
Located in the heart of High Point, North Carolina, generations of High Point families have passed through our 1927 collegiate Gothic halls, now providing students with 21st century skills through options including International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement, and College Tech Prep as well as a rich extracurricular culture..
Unique features about the school
High Point Central High School is an authorized IB World School offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme in the 11th and 12th grades. From the IB aims and objectives, Central created its magnet school theme of Internationalism and Languages. All students enrolled in the honors classes at Central are exposed to the rigorous standards of the internationally recognized IB Diploma Programme.
The IB program’s philosophy is infused throughout all subject areas using the magnet school’s objectives:
- Teachers will present curriculum to students through experimental, inquiry-based, interdisciplinary lessons.
- Students will be required to think and reason at high levels and to ask and answer analytical questions.
- Students will develop advanced research skills.
- Students will master written and verbal communication of ideas.
- Faculty and staff will stress the social, physical and cognitive well-being of each student to prepare them for involvement in community and extra-curricular activities.
- Students will recognize the roles and responsibilities of being members of the international community.
- Students and teachers will integrate cutting-edge technology into their work products.
- Arts disciplines at school
CTE disciplines at school
Drafting-Architectural, Game Art Design, Multimedia & Webpage Design, Entrepreneurship, Microsoft Word & PowerPoint, Principles of Business & Finance, Prostart, Sports and Entertainment Marketing, Early Childhood Education, Parenting & Child Development, Computer Engineering Technology, Foundations of Information Technology, Networking Engineering Technology, CompTIA Fundamentals of IT, Electronics, Metals Manufacturing Technology, Marketing, Scientific & Technical Visualization, Modeling & Animation
Athletics at school (sports available)
Boys and Girls Soccer;Boys and Girls Basketball;Baseball;Softball;Football;Girls Volleyball;Boys and Girls Cross Country;Boys Golf;Wrestling;Boys Lacrosse;Girls Lacrosse;Boys Track & Field (outdoor);Boys Track & Field (indoor);Girls Track & Field (outdoor);Girls Track & Field (indoor);Cheerleading;